Lexie Foldover Bag
PDF SEWING PATTERN
The Lexie Foldover Bag is a classic foldover style zipper bag with a twist! You can wear it three different ways: as a clutch, as a wristlet, and as a crossbody bag. Love pockets? We've got you covered. The Lexie Foldover Bag features both slip pockets and welt zipper pockets - take your pick and mix and match. Dress up your bag with leather (or cork, fabric, vinyl, etc.) accents! With so many options, you'll be able to easily customize a bag to suit your needs.
• Two size options - SMALL and LARGE
• Top zipper closure
• Exterior Slip Pocket
• Welt zipper pocket (fully lined with no raw zipper edges)
• Interior Divided Slip Pocket
• Wrist Strap
• Crossbody strap (two styles)
• Bag accents
Approximate finished dimensions:
Width: 11" (28 cm)
Height (unfolded): 12" (30.5 cm)
Height (folded): 7.5" (19 cm)
Exterior Pocket Height: 6.5" (16.5 cm)
Width: 13" (33 cm)
Height (unfolded): 14" (35.6 cm)
Height (folded): 8.5" (21.6 cm)
Exterior Pocket Height: 7.5" (19.1 cm)
Intermediate (experience with zippers and sewing through several layers is helpful). May be suitable for an adventurous beginner depending on options chosen.
• Main Zipper: YKK Cotton Tape Metal Zipper or Nylon Coil Zipper: (1) 10" (S) or 12" (L)
• Welt Zipper Pocket: (1 per pocket) YKK Cotton Tape Metal Zipper or Nylon Coil Zipper (S) 7" or 9" (L)
• Magnetic Snap for Exterior Slip Pocket option: (1 set per pocket) 18 mm
(Optional for bags without Exterior Slip Pocket)
• Washable glue stick or Wonder Tape
• Rotary cutter, ruler, and cutting mat and / or scissors
• Small sharp scissors for Welt Zipper Pocket Option
• Coordinating Thread
• Zipper Foot
• Optional: Walking Foot
• Water soluble marking pen
• Denim / Jeans Needle - Size 100/16 (if sewing with leather)
• Pins and / or Wonder Clips
• For wrist strap option: (1) Swivel clip with a 1/2” (13 mm) - 5/8” (16 mm) wide strap attachment point and (1) 1/2” (13 mm) - 5/8" (16 mm) wide D ring
• For crossbody strap option: (2) Swivel clips with 1/2" (13 mm) - 3/4" (19 mm) wide strap attachment points, (2) 1/2" (13 mm) - 1" (25 mm) wide D rings, (1) 3/4" (19 mm) Double Loop slider
• Optional for straps: 8 mm double cap rivets with standard post length - (2) for wrist strap - (3) for adjustable crossbody strap - (4) for fixed length crossbody strap, setting tool, and punch.
PDF FILES INCLUDE
• 41 page tutorial with both imperial and metric measurements
• computer generated, tiled pattern that can be printed on 8.5" x 11" + A4 printer paper
• large format files (A0 and US 36") for copy shop printing
• cutting guide + measurements for cutting pattern pieces with a rotary cutter
• detailed, step by step illustrated instructions
• fabric requirements and supply list
• bag hardware sources
• printable project planner sheet
• glossary of sewing terms
• lots of tips and tricks
• Purchasing this pattern gives you, the buyer, license to sell items made using this pattern on a handmade scale. License details included in pattern.
• This PDF pattern is an instant download - once payment has been made, an email will be sent to you with a download link. Files will be sent as a ZIPPED FILE which will need to be unzipped before viewing. Please save files to your computer as the download link will expire after THREE downloads. For accuracy in printing, please use Adobe Reader or Acrobat for viewing/printing files.
• Due to the digital nature of this item, all sales are final. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
© 2021 LBG STUDIO. All rights reserved. www.lbg-studio.com
We do not allow our patterns to be reproduced, copied, or redistributed in any form. Reselling or sharing of PDF patterns is strictly prohibited.